How To Check Engine Oil
Oil Level should be checked regularly. Too little or too much oil can damage the engine.
It is normal to top upsome oil between services depending on the severity of the operating conditions.
1. Park the car on level ground and apply the handbrake
2. Run the engine until it reaches operating temperature
3. Switch off the engine. Wait a few minutes for the oil to drain back into the oil sump
4. Remove the dipstick and wipe it clean with a dry cloth then re-insert it fully
5. Remove the dipstick again and recheck the oil level. It should be anywhere between the "H" and "L" marks. If it is below the "L" mark, remove the oil filler cap and pour the recommended oil slowly into the opening. Avoid overfilling as this may create unwanted exhaust smoke or even blow an oil seal.
6. Recheck oil level with dipstick
Easy as that! The oil level in the engine has been checked.